It has been a while since I last updated our blog...here are some of the highlights:
*Since the last post, Anna had her 6 month Doctor's appointment, and was at 75th percentile for weight, and 95th percentile for height! She is developing and growing right on target! She is such a sweet and content little girl. She loves to smile and chew on anything and everything. She has started 'scooting' and is getting ready to crawl :) Her favorite people right now are her Mom, Jacob and her Dad. She is sleeping about 11-13 hours a night and takes a couple of 2 hour naps during the day. I put her down at about 7pm for the night, and that's a wonderful time for a baby to go to bed if you ask me! She is now 7 months and I just can't believe how fast the time has gone by!
*Jacob continues to grow, learn, make us laugh and amaze us! He says the funniest things! The other night as I was putting him to bed he said to me "mom, I want fifty dollars...I have a coupon!" hahahaha he's been hanging around me too much! He is such a little helper, especially when Anna starts to fuss. He makes Anna laugh and gives her any toy within his reach to make her happy. He's the best big brother!
He enjoys electronics and anything to do with the computer or buttons. His favorite song on the 'hi-pod' right now is 'Jingle Bells' He also loves tools, and prefers his dad's 'real' tools as opposed to his 'toy' tools. He's always trying to clean, or fix something.
He also loves anything to do with Lightning McQueen or Mater or Cars! He watches that movie in the car and never seems to tire of it!
He's more and more independent lately, and it's a bittersweet experience for me as a mom. He still sleeps in his crib (I will let him be in there as long as he doesn't jump out) and takes a daily 2 hour nap, and sleeps about 11-12 hours at night. :)
We still haven't started the potty training process...but I have a feeling he'll be ready soon. He has asked to go potty...but will just stand there not knowing what to do...so I'm sure I'll blog about it at a later time.
* One of my sisters (the one right after me) got engaged in October! We're so excited and happy for her, and are planning a trip up to Canada in May for her wedding. It will only be the second wedding in our family...and I have been married for over 6 years...so it's been a while since we've had a wedding.
* We had a fun Halloween. Jacob was a little pirate and Anna was a ghost. We only went trick-or-treating to Randy's family's homes but we sure got a lot of candy! We barely finished it actually! It was a fun night, and we can't wait till next year when Anna will be a little older. :)
* In October, we also found out that my sister in law is having a boy! This will be boy #5 in the 'Taylor Tots' and Anna will have to wait for another girl cousin to come later....right guys? We are excited to see this little one, she's due in March.
* My two brothers returned home from their missions the first week of November, and are happily adjusting to life in the 'real' world. We haven't had a chance to see them yet...but we'll see them next year at my sister's wedding!
* We had Thanksgiving dinner w/ Randy's family and it was wonderful! I am truly blessed to have such great people in my life.
* 3 out of the 4 of us got sick just before and just after Thanksgiving. We are all doing better now, but it was a rough few days. Thankfully, Randy didn't get it as bad, so he could continue to go to work and continue to fulfill his calling.
* Last week we went to Salt Lake to be a part of the youngest Taylor Tot's blessing. He's as cute as can be! We were so happy to be able to be a part of it all.
* Next week we'll be attending the "Winegar Family Christmas Party" It is something we look forward to all year. We love to see all the family, and to see how much our kids are growing!
I'm sure I have forgotten a lot of details and events since the last post...so if I remember anything else I will post it. :)