Monday, February 13, 2012

Mother of the Year!

I really think I should be able to get the Mother of the Year award...Here are 3 reasons why:


1. We were about to have dinner a few nights ago...and I had to put myself in time-out before I could go on with the day. The kids and Hubby stayed at the table and ate their dinner, while I ate my dinner alone, in the front room. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself, when out of the corner of my eye I see a little note being handed to me by my 4 year-old boy:


He said he drew our whole family...including me...but happy!


2. We went to the Grocery Store today, and since the kids were getting restless while waiting in line...I told them they could help me put the food we bought on the counter when our turn came...While I turned to put something on the counter...my 2 year old decided it was a perfectly good time to grab the 18-ct egg carton (One-handed none the less!)...and as you can imagine...more than half of the eggs were broken!  I tried not to make a big deal of it, because she was just helping...And boy was there a nice mess!  The store was nice enough to not only clean the mess...but bring me out a new carton of eggs, so I wouldn't have to go and get one :)

3. Jacob has preschool on Tuesdays and Fridays...We had a crazy week last week (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)...so by the time Friday came around...I thought it was actually Saturday!  Yep!  So he didn't go to preschool that day...why?  Because in my mind, it was Saturday!!  Who does that?

I rest my case people...

2 comments:

Monica said...

I loved your post. It made me laugh, and at the same time feel ok about ALL my crazy mothering moments ;) That's rough about the eggs.

Claudia T said...

Good to hear from you Monica! ...I still think I should win the award tho...I'm sure you've never forgotten what day it is and not sent your girl to school or something! hahahaha You live and learn :)