Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fun Shopping Trip



Retail Price- $58.61
Actual cost (after coupons,gift cards and rebates)- $2.88

Before my mission I was hooked on salon-brand shampoo and conditioners. Soon after I got into the mission field I learned I couldn't afford to buy the salon brand anymore. So I started using Suave! And honestly I can't tell the difference! The best part is the price. Right now at your local Associated Food Store (Lee's, Macey's, Dan's etc) they have the Suave shampoos and conditioners on sale for $0.77 per bottle and in sunday's paper there was a coupon for $1.50 off when you buy 3...so with tax, we paid $0.22 per bottle!!

Another thing I had never noticed before is that when you go to the drug stores, you can find 'try me free' stickers on shampoos and conditioners...they have a rebate form and you get your money back 100%, plus you get their product for free! I found 3 yesterday, one at Walgreens and two at Rite Aid.

The rest of the things we got are on their monthly rebate programs (Walgreens and Rite Aid), and we used coupons, a gift card we had from a prescription transfer, and we'll get all our money back once we submit our rebates!
I was so excited about our shopping trip, I just had to share! :)

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Nice work!!! I love that, but haven't done couponing since December :(. Dang morning sickness. I'm mostly over it and then I plan to get back on track.

Ferguson Family said...

Wow, I'm impressed! We need to hire you to do our shopping.